Thursday, February 18, 2010

49/365 February 18, 2010

49/365 February 18, 2010


Levi is FINALLY making good progress with potty training. (Yes, once again I was too busy to take any photos until the kids were in bed, so I had to get creative. And don't worry, I won't take any photos of what's IN the potty!) I had tried to get him potty trained before he went to preschool, since he's technically supposed to be potty trained for his class. He wanted nothing to do with it back in August and it was messy and miserable for both of us, so I gave up after a few days of constant accidents and refusal to cooperate. I was going to try again a few months later, but we were trying to move, and then the holidays came, and it just didn't seem like the right time to do it. After we moved and the holidays were over, I decided that the next weekend Shane was home we would put Levi in underwear again and see how he did. He had a few accidents the first day but caught on quickly. One problem: he would NOT wear pants. If we put pants on him, he would completely forget that he was in underwear and have an accident within minutes. Finally today, it seemed to get through to him when I told him that he was in underwear under his pants and if he wanted to stay dry, he could NOT pee in his pants. He did great! Here's hoping he can start wearing underwear outside of the house now. The next step (well, aside from getting him to do #2 in the potty and go overnight without a diaper) will be to ditch the potty inserts so he can use a regular sized toilet while we are away from home. Maybe he will even be able to go to school in underwear sometime soon! I never thought this day would come!

No comments:

Post a Comment