Friday, July 2, 2010

183/365 July 2, 2010

Here is my freshly cleaned van! I don't think it's ever been this clean while I've owned it. Even when it was brand new (to us), the detailers did not do a good job on it. I hope I can keep it clean by taking it to a car wash every couple of weeks. Lord knows I don't have the time to wash it myself!

183/365 July 2, 2010

Now I'm going to step on my soapbox for a minute. Here are my boys in their car seats:

183/365 July 2, 2010

183/365 July 2, 2010

Yes, they are both rear facing. Levi, at 4 years old and 32.5 lb, and Jonas at (almost) 16 months and 20ish lb. They could legally be turned forward facing, but I am choosing to leave them rear facing as long as possible (their seats both go up to 35 lb). Why? It is immensely safer for them this way. Children in the second year of life especially have a marked improvement in protection from riding rear facing - it is FIVE TIMES SAFER. Yes, I am yelling that! Other studies have shown that there is also a significant improvement in safety up to age 4. Levi is getting close to being turned around now, and he does ride forward facing in Daddy's car for short trips to run errands a couple of times a month (when he's home), but he's had the full benefit of staying rear facing for 4 years. And, nope, he hasn't complained about it once, and he is not at all uncomfortable! I'd say he looks pretty happy, actually! I'll step off my soapbox and leave you with this video as food for thought:

No comments:

Post a Comment