Saturday, July 10, 2010

191/365 July 10, 2010

These photos probably don't look much different from yesterday's, but I did do a lot more work.

191/365 July 10, 2010
Painted the trim and doors bright white (will be replacing the hinges and knobs, so I didn't worry about slopping paint on them)

191/365 July 10, 2010
New ceiling fan. The box advertised it as "quick and easy installation." HA! 2 hours later...I finally got it all put together. And then had a near freakout because I thought I had flipped the breaker back on for it and it didn't work, and I was going to have to undo the entire thing and start over. Then I realized I'd flipped the breaker next to it off instead of flipping the correct one back on. I turned them both back on and it worked just fine. Thankfully I'd only gotten as far as removing the glass shade before I checked the breaker. I'm not a fan of getting shocked, personally...

191/365 July 10, 2010
Just behind one of the fan blades is a new air register. That should have been a piece of cake to replace, but I fought with the stupid thing for 20 minutes before the screw would catch on the right spot on one side. It's never as easy as it should be!

191/365 July 10, 2010
More trim and door paint. Four coats, to be exact.

That's all for today. Tomorrow: blue walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment